Last year, despite beautiful moments that will rest in my heart forever, it was predominately a monumental shitstorm. I can tell how bad a year has been by how many books I’ve read, and how many poems I’ve written. I can count on two hands how many poems were put to paper in 2016.
When the first of January 2017 rained in, I decided this year would be a year of transformation – creative, emotional, spiritual, mental transformation. And it has been thus far, although the transformations haven’t come all that easily. When do they ever though? Despite muddling along through the first few months, my world is turning, and turning for the batter. I want to make each month better than the one that came before. So I have a lot of dreams for March. (You can see my ambitions for the year here.)
Creatively & Professionally
- Blog every day here. (Doing alright so far…)
- Write 31 poems for my new collection.
- Put together a collection of my best work from the past ten years and submit to publishers. I have several in mind.
- Launch A Living Witch shop on Etsy selling books I’ve written, handcrafted things, vintage things and up cycled things.
- Launch a shop selling thrifted clothes and housewares. (Ideally I would sell everything on A Living Witch, but Etsy have a policy stating that any clothes/housewares that have been thrifted need to be 20 years or older.)
- Put in applications for more writing jobs so I can boost my income.
- Put out the word that in the near future I’m hoping to establish a small press and would love some shadow sisters to get involved because I can’t do it alone.
- Do as many photoshoots as possible with my witches at The Divine Weirdos so we can put on an exhibition later this year.
- Re-work my solo poetry show.
- Develop my cross stitch skills.
- Put new products in my shops every week.
- Finish my library pile. (Currently consisting of 11 books).
- Learn something new every day.
- Take better care of my body. (Still not good at this. I don’t make the time to moisturize my body, for example.)
Magically & Spiritually
- Begin learning palmistry.
- Experience the forest fully as it welcomes Spring home.
Love, Family & Home
- Eat at the table whenever we have Tyra at home. (Doing good with this!)
- Be more present. (Getting better at this too!)
- Use up the blueberries in the freezer.
- Buy cheaper food and cook healthier recipes.
- Continue learning Swedish.
- Buy in more herbs and spices that are beneficial to our wellbeing.
What are your ambitions for this month?